Saturday, March 03, 2007

Swimming With Dolfins





This looks like too much fun. I do believe the dolfin is smiling too. Julian, Christopher and Erica had a blast being tourists at our latest attraction here in Cabo. They crossed canyons on a zip line the day before. We aren't just a beach and golf desitnation anymore.

I'm feeling schizoid these days. The person who wants to be a writer and the person who wonders why. On bad writing days I lambaste myself for choosing novel writing and not short stories. On good writing days I slam the door shut on the voice that says the story stinks and the characters are moronic and my fingers fly over the keyboard. Because, the truth is I like the story and most of the characters and besides, it is only the first draft and everything I don't like can be fixed in the subsequent drafts.

End of my pep-talk to myself. I'm going back to continue my runious writing career; I mean my joyful writing vocation

2 comments:

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

The water is so blue! We did the dolphin thing in Orlando. Looks like they had fun.

As to writing. . . if we do not also write what we love it can become a chore. There is a time for chores, of course, but we all need what writing we love brings to us, and I am sure you know just what that truly is. . .

Besides I am waiting quite impatiently to read your novel!

(You could just write a short essay occasionally. . to keep in practice. . . or to soothe that guilt.)

Anonymous said...

I'm still having problems with these comments. I just wrote one saying that I enjoyed the pictures, that I thought the Dolphin was smiling too and that the Sunset was magnificent and before I could send it it disappeared from the screen.