First, I want to thank anyone who has been checking in on this blog and I want to say sorry for not doing any postings since before Christmas. I do have some good excuses, like having company staying at the house and twenty people for Christmas Eve dinner, and then going for a week to San Antonio to meet up with my family. I can't use those excuses because the truth is I've had writer's block.
I think it happened when I wanted to write something profound on this blog to close off 2006. Something important that would be quotable for years to come. Then try as I might, I couldn't think of anything and I let myself slip into that black hole writers sometimes visit when they start thinking they have nothing worthwhile to say and who would want to read it anyway.
So, the only way to get out of this is to write---everyday. So please keep checking in. Writing in this blog helps to get the juices flowing while I keep tackling the novel.
Since profound words escape me, I just want to say our holiday season has been wonderful. Spending time with family in San Antonio was the best, visiting with our adopted family here in Cabo, wonderful and 2007 is looking good.
Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2007 to y'all.

2 comments:
Y'all look like you're having fun in your trip picture and family fun is as important as writing, but now that you are back. . . . a writing prompt might get you started.
I do this so seldom I forget how to do it. But in case this works I want to say Happy New Year to you folks too.
Post a Comment