Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Sort Of Christmas Card


This is probably as close as I'll get to sending a Christmas card. I admire people who take the time to get a family photo done and then write in all the cards, address and stamp them and stick them happily in the mail. I stopped sending cards when I moved to Mexico and the mail service was, well, just plain bad. After Johnny and I were married he once just for fun sent me a Valentine's card via our post office. He put it in the mail slot at our post office, so presumably they just needed to pick it up and put it in our mail box that sits four feet away frm the mail slot. I got my Valentines card eight months later. It got sent to San Jose Costa Rica, then San Jose in the Philippines and then back to me. (His hand-writing was legible)

When Johnny and I met and he was still living in San Diego, we were talking on the phone one day and I was relating how my day had been. I'd gone to the electric company to pay my bill, the telephone company and so on. He wanted to know why I didn't mail in my cheques. Now he understands.

Gosh I seem to be Mexico bashing these days. I think I can complain about these things because I truly love Mexico - if that makes sense. If we do move to Canada for Julian's high school years, then you all can expect a Christmas card. I'll have no excuses---right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Just showing mom how to use comments.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Johnny, Chris and Julian,
I like the family photo here. Thanks for sharing it. I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Prosperous and Healthy New Year.
Love,
Uncle Bill