Thursday, December 07, 2006

So What's The Big Deal About A Number?




Some of you know yesterday was my birthday. Mom, thanks for remembering and I want to say I like your honesty that we are indebted to Kathy for this . It was nice of her to leave notes all over the house telling you to call me.

I do like to down-play my birthday, have it come and go without much fanfare.

Birthdays are introspective days for me. I like quiet time to reflect on the past year and think ahead to next year's goals. This frees me up to have a no pressure, good time on New Years Eve.

Johnny and Julian treated me to a late lunch at the Twin Dolphins, my favourite spot. It's tranquil and has become our place for celebrations. The rest of the plan was to take a walk around the marina but under the guise of avoiding traffic we drove through the back streets and finished at a bicycle store.

Johnny has a talent for surprising me. I love my new bike and I I feel like a kid---a happy big one.

2 comments:

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Now maybe I solved the comment problem. We'll see.
Love, Uncle Bill