How does the time fly? And yes, I’ve run out of interesting stories to write about myself. That is, unless you want to hear about the time I gave Kathy (my sister) the sacrament of the Last Rights....I’d better not, she gets so embarrassed when I tell the story, even though it is I, (moi), that should be embarrassed.
A sister (me) should be, at least a little mortified about sitting on---her younger siblings face as she obediently lay on the bed pretending to be dead. It wasn’t planned, the idea just arrived in one of those take advantage of the moment type of way. Had you been there seeing her do such a good job acting dead waiting to learn about the secrets of the Last Rights taught in your religion class that day the idea might have popped into your head too.
But, there is no remorse from the sister, (me), who did the sitting and still finds it a laugh out loud, roll on the floor funny, and the other sister (poor Kathy) whose face got sat on and still gets upset when the indiscreet sister (me) blabs about it.
Okay, I’ve gone this far with the story, so to be fair I have to say Kathy has a point, I was naked at the time I did the sitting. But this all happened when she was three or four, many years ago and enough time has past for her to see the joke. No?
Back then, life was a series of childish, girlish and often crude antics played out interchangeably by three sisters who shared the same bedroom and weren't always happy about this arrangement. I do have to brag a little and say---I was the one with the talent for getting my bits of mischief recognized the most often. To this day though I'm surprised that my father also missed the humour of the prank I played on Kathy.
"Whatever possessed you child?" he asked
I don't know, maybe God or the Nuns who were teaching me the sacraments. I didn't believe that, nor did he. The spanking I received was the penance for my sacrilegious role play with the Last Rights. I bet as a father he had to take that high road and I bet he also hid a chuckle about his daughter's goofing around.
Oh me, Oh my, what will I (moi) come out with next?
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you did this to your poor sister (I'm leaning toward her side here about sharing it,if I were her) then there is no way you could run out of interesting facts to write about yourself, so you have a few more to come up with. . . they don't all have to be this fascinating, but I bet some are.
Post a Comment