This past week got away from me. I know all of you know the feeling of what this means. The week starts off with a promising Monday, maybe after a weekend when you had some breathing time to reflect on all you had to do or wanted to do. You have everything you need to do or plan to do during the coming week penciled in, either in your mind or physically on a calendar. The weeks expectations are high. I say penciled rathered than penned because we do have to be flexible--right?
So the week goes along and then, when the next Sunday comes faster than you or I hoped , and in my case faster than I could progress with writing the next Pulitzer Prize novel and you get this feeling of let down at not accomplishing everything on the list. I can contently say my week's plan was interrupted for good reasons, like being a mother, a wife, a friend and a business partner but no matter how valueable and important the reason, my planned writing time dwindled, and I start to wonder if a writing life is realistic for me. And, given the limited time to wonder this I also manage to cram into the equation the taunting question--am I even good enough at writing to pursue this path?
But then, something nice happened today to encourage me to keep writing. I talked to my mother and just before we hung up the phone she said,
"Oh, I keep meaning to tell you, keep writing in your blog."
"You're reading it?" I asked
"Yes, and I wanted to tell you, you're writing is very good." she said
This encouragment came at a welcomed time. So guess what? I'm going to keep writing whenever I can ink in the time. If my mother who loves to read, wants to read my writing than that makes me a writer---Pulitzer Prize winning is a close second to her opinion.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Chris,
It is not 1667 words per day that makes a writer, but the ability to put words on paper, recognize those with value, and share them. You're there.
Post a Comment