Thursday, November 09, 2006

PARADISE IN OUR BACKYARD



One of the mornings before the clocks went back, Julian was walking Bella before going to school. He came tearing into the house for the camera and took this photo. He has an eye for beauty.

When I first moved to Mexico the system of changing the time wasn't practiced. About five years ago the decision was made to fall back and spring forward with the seasons. I don't like that it's dark at six o'clock at night and day light at six in the morning. I'm sure you all feel the same way. I wonder why it's still something that is done?

I'm moving at a turtle pace with my NaNo novel. The good news is I'm liking how the plot is evolving. So far the characters seem flat and I'm doing too much telling and not enough showing. Those are things I know I can fix in the second and third and foruth draft. Right now I'm happy with getting the story out of my brain and into the computer's brain. I expect to have a growth spurt of words any day now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks as if one must click on "comment" to enter the right place in order to record a comment on the blog.
Julian, this picture is great. You should be very proud.