Sunday, November 05, 2006

BINGE WRITING

Available writing time was sparotic during the week so I planned Saturday and Sunday...(while Johnny yells "Go Chargers " and Julian 'whines' his way through his reading homework) to do some binge writing.

As they say, the best laid plans...blah de blah. Five hours on Saturday got eaten up at the Cellphone company getting Julian his first cellphone. Hey, surprise him and call if you can. He is over the top with this new toy. He has never complained about being the only kid in the school without a cell phone but now that I'm letting him venture a little further from my apron strings I'm quite content to lineup at the Telcel office and spend five hours wondering what the client service reps are doing behind their computers. It's not a control thing...really! The phone will come in handy for emergencies---really! I bought the first phone card and from here on in he is responsible to use his hard earned money to buy calling minutes. # 0.11.52.624.166.1633. Those of you who have lived here or visited here are probably not suprised that it took five hours---you're probably surprised it was accomplished on the same day. I shouldn't talk like this, even if it's true.

This afternoon I did settle in and I spit out another 1421 words. Not exactly binge quantity but I'm plodding along and I'm happy with how the story is evolving. I've disgarded a bunch of preconcieved ideas. It feels good to run in a direction I hadn't anticipated. This is what I love about writing. I start to write and one thing leads to another and the next I know....

No comments: