Thursday, May 17, 2007

Interesting Facts continued...#3



Lynda and I have been friends for forty-six years. Not the kind of friends who talk with each other everyday and if you listened to Lynda not the kind who answer each other’s email fast enough either. She’s always been on the impatient side.

I’m talking about the kind of friends who without embarrassment could walk down the street wearing identical in fashion green-plaid lumber jackets. The sort of friends nice enough to share being in love with the same boy. He was never aware of our longing, and probably never even knew our names. I’ve never forgotten his. Who can forget a name like Wolfgang.

We stood up for each other at our weddings, my first and her only and she was their for me when my life crumbled....more than once. She’s been my rock and she says I’m her adventure, taking risks and living life in a way she enjoys watching but would never follow suit. I think this is why our friendship has endured the years, neither of us are leaders, nor are we followers. We just are...the best of friends sharing life and good memories.

I think I've forgotten to tell her that I have a blog. I'd better answer her email that's been sitting in my inbox for umm... quite awhile. It's time to catch up with each other.

2 comments:

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

It is great to have a friend like Lynda. A great interesting fact.

Anonymous said...

I love the interesting facts, Chris.
I have returned from Europe after a fabulos trip. The tranatlantic Cruise was fantastic, as smooth as glass. The visits to Rome, Pompei and Crete were wonderful. The 4 days in Athens proved once again that the Greeks have regressed a lot over the last 2000 years. The antiquties were as spectacular as they were when I first saw them in 1980 however. Paris is still as lovely as ever. The Mona Lisa continues to smile at everyone. England and London were beautiful too. My friends there showed us a great time. Now to California and the 62nd anniversary of my HS graduation. I will be there from 6/19 to 7/03.
Love to all,