Uncle Bill has given me a gentle nudge to do some writing on this blog. Thank you! I was really excited that quite a few of you actually read it. I get you use to looking for entries and then a go on a sabbatical. Sorry.
So what have I been up to for the last 34 days? Lots. I'm entrenched in my writing the first draft bootcamp which is 70 days of intense visualize the scene, and then write it up. The first part of the draft went well and I was so absorbed in thinking the story I didn't think about anything else to write. I continued doing the poetry class at the school and have expanded to doing a class for the grade fives, as well. But other than those classes all my writing energy has gone into the novel. I know other novelists who seem to be able to multi-task with their creative juices but I'm not their yet.
Johnny and I were up in San Diego last week for his bi-yearly heart appointment, or was it the week before? Time either stands still or zips by. It stood still while we were being educated by the heart surgeon about the surgery he will have March 23rd to repair his torn heart valve. Since then time has zipped by while we work out the logisitics of finding a place to stay, taking Julian out of school for early Easter vacation, putting things in order at the nursery and house to manage while we're gone. The list is long, including Johnny going up in two weeks to donate his blood (Just in case) and have all the pre-op stuff done. The good news is the surgeon and his team are very easy to talk with and they make it all sound like a snap of the fingers and the robotic arm will fix everything. We're keeping our fingers crossed, well actually, Johnny has his fingers, toes and hair crossed that the surgery can be done with the less invasive robtic method and not that crack the sterum open method. I shudder just thinking of the awful sound it would make. (sorry to even mention it, it's the writer in me visualizing the scene). We know all will go well. He will go into the hospital feeling good as he does now and leave feeling good knowing no damage will be continuing to his heart.
I've fallen a bit behind with my bootcamp but am strill writing. I've learned when I miss days of writing it's hard to get back into it. That's the point of having to write 1500 words a day to form the discipline and make the habit of getting the words down and keep molding them into a story.
I haven't downloaded the photo I took two nights ago of one of our more brillant sunsets. I'll do that tomorrow which will give me a jumping off spot to keep on writing in this blog. I've missed posting.
Catch you tomorrow, Hugs to All xxx
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am happy they can fix Johnny's valve -- and -- as close to home as San Diego rather than having to travel across the U.S.
It is frustrating when we fall behind in writing, but the fact that you come back to it relatively soon shows how much a part of you it really is.
(Discipline is fine for normal days. . . but some days laughter is healthier than discipline, perhaps?)
But, do post the sunsets, please, the mountains get in the way over here, so I miss them.
Hey, Chris. Certainly can identify with time zipping or dragging! These days, it's zipping for me. The dragging was the days hoping to hear from an agent or publisher. Thanks for checking in on my blog, and the kind words. Yes, I am excited. After all the dragging days, now they are rushing by as I get ready for book launch on May 19th. Patience, and stubborness does indeed pay off. See you around the board. If I can ever figure out how to work the blog, I'll put a link to yours. :-)
Post a Comment